Wednesday, September 8, 2010

“MySites” in SharePoint 2010


This post simply references a video I recorded for a customer a few months ago.  In it I give a brief overview of some of the new features of “MySites” in SharePoint 2010, and perhaps more importantly, some of the business reasons why these social features actually provide value in the enterprise. 

Many clients I’ve worked with in these early days of deploying SharePoint have chosen to disable the social features of SharePoint 2010.  While I understand the initial impression (“I don’t want Facebook inside my company!”), there is real business value to be gained by many of these features. 

This screencast was recorded as a reference point so my client could revisit some of these business reasons later down the road when they made a final decision about whether or not social features will be enabled for their organization. 

(P.S., I’m also testing Google Alerts to see how quickly this gets picked up!)

Here’s the screencast (thank you Camtasia!):

http://www.screencast.com/users/JonSchultz/folders/Default/media/58e6fb89-f1fd-41a2-990d-a1f022fb3541

FirstFrame


 

Jonathon Schultz
mobile:
407.923.4946 | fax: 866.569.2615 | email: jon@jonschultz.com

No comments: