Saturday, September 25, 2010

Intro–InfoPath 2010 Form Design with C# Code-Behind (Part 1 of 2)


Last week I had to create my first InfoPath 2010 form with code-behind for some custom business logic (as the business requirements were explained to me it quickly became apparent that “Rules” available in InfoPath weren’t going to be sufficient).

InfoPath is admittedly not a strong suit for me.  The small amount of interaction I had with it in IP 2007 and MOSS 2007 left me with a feeling that it wasn’t quite ready for prime-time, so I largely ignored it.

I have a new respect though for the most recent incarnation.  InfoPath 2010 is an incredibly powerful tool as I’ve learned.  Here’s Part 1 of a brief 2-part blog post describing how I went about implementing some custom business logic – including data access to a SQL 2008 R2 database – with custom C# code behind an InfoPath 2010 form, rendered as a browser form in SharePoint 2010.

No comments: